- "When one relies on sight to perceive the world, it is like trying to stare at the galaxy through a crack in the door."
Force sight, also known as Force seeing or Combat sense, was a basic Force ability, perhaps related to Force sense. It enhanced the bearer's visual and spatial perception even in the dark or behind walls. "Seeing" with the Force was a useful skill for as Obi-Wan Kenobi said, "Your eyes can deceive you. Don't trust them." Trained users could have their sight amplified and were able to counter Force persuasion and Force blinding powers.
The Miraluka relied on this power constantly to compensate for their physical blindness. They could not perceive colors but could distinguish organics (even dead) and their alignment from the surrounding environment by their characteristic aura. Most objects, including doors and walls, appeared translucent, allowing the Miraluka to see through them. The Miraluka were the most skilled experts of the technique. Thanks to it, their reflexes were strengthened enormously.
While this was a Miralukan attribute, it could be taught to other species; for instance, Visas Marr taught Meetra Surik to use it. Kreia also utilized the Miraluka version of Force sight to such an extent that her eyes atrophied due to disuse. Another known user was Rahm Kota, who used it after his sight was lost in a duel with Galen Marek, who also gained this ability later on. Darth Bane briefly used this power as a member of the Gloom Walkers unit after being blinded by a flash canister. Jaesa Willsaam was especially skilled in this ability as well, able to sense individual personality traits such as vengeance, hatred, and envy.
- Darth Bane
- Lanoree Brock
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Rahm Kota
- Visas Marr
- Luke Skywalker
- Meetra Surik
- Jaesa Willsaam
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook (as Combat Sense)
- Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim (as combat sense)
- Dark Empire Sourcebook (as Combat Sense)
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook (as combat sense)
- The Last Command Sourcebook (as combat sense)
- Star Wars Sourcebook, Second Edition (as combat sense)
- Imperial Sourcebook, Second Edition (as combat sense)
- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope, Second Edition (as combat sense)
- Tales of the Jedi Companion (as Combat Sense)
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- The Dark Side Sourcebook ("See Force")
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook ("See Force")
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds ("See Force")
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (See combat sense)
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Nightsister's Revenge (Card: Force Seeing)