Form II, also known as Makashi (pronounced muh-KAA-shee), was the second form of lightsaber combat invented by the Jedi Order. A graceful combat style, it became a specialist form for duels with opponents belonging to the Sith Order. Form II relied on careful and controlled strikes instead of power and strength.
Count Dooku was a master of this form and trained the Sith assassin Asajj Ventress in its use, though hers was less elegant than her master's. The Grand Inquisitor was a proficient Form II practitioner.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cloak of Darkness"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as Form II)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Lightsaber Battles
- Knights of Fate