- "And reflecting blaster bolts? An impressive trick if you can pull it off."
- ―Kanchar, to Luke Skywalker
Form V, also known as Djem So or Shien (pronounced shee-ENN), was the fifth form of lightsaber combat used by members of the Jedi Order. Basic Form V allowed a Jedi to deflect blaster fire back at an opponent, turning the Jedi's defense into an offensive action.
The Djem So variant of Form V was based on defending with solid blocks and parries, then immediately countering with strong counterattacks and ripostes, and was geared toward and created for lightsaber-to-lightsaber combat, but also still reasonably useful for blast deflection. Anakin Skywalker and later when he became Darth Vader was a known user of Djem So.
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as Form V) (First identified as Shien)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Lightsaber Battles
- Star Wars Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force (Picture only)
- (Indirect mention only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- ↑ Kanan 1: The Last Padawan, Part I: Fight
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Star Wars: Complete Locations
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Star Wars: Lightsaber Battles