- "Head up and see Lieutenant Forris when you get a chance. He'll show you how to survive in this craziness."
- ―Sergeant Jaynes, directing a Republic sergeant to Lieutenant Forris
Forris was a Human male who served in the Mantellian Army during the Cold War, fought between the Galactic Republic and the reconstituted Sith Empire. Sometime before the year 3643 BBY, Forris attained the rank of lieutenant and was stationed on Ord Mantell, where a group of Separatists had started a conflict known as the Separatist War in an attempt to overthrow the planet's government. While on Ord Mantell, Lieutenant Forris was assigned to Fort Garnik, a Republic-controlled stronghold on the island of Avilatan. Forris served as one of the instructors at a combat instructor academy, which was located inside the fort. Forris and the other instructors provided combat training for the soldiers stationed at the fort, including a sergeant named Jaynes, who sent new arrivals to Forris, because he believed that the training he received had saved his life during combat.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "Command's sending out new tactics all the time."
- ―Lieutenant Forris
A Human male, Forris was alive during the Cold War, a period of unrest between the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire. During the war, Forris served in the Mantellian Army. By the year 3643 BBY, Forris had received the rank of lieutenant and had been assigned to Ord Mantell, a planet whose government was embroiled in the Separatist War with a group of Separatists. By that year, Forris was a veteran soldier who had learned a great deal about combat tactics and military equipment. During his time on the planet, Forris was stationed at Fort Garnik, a Republic stronghold on the island of Avilatan. There, Forris served as an instructor at a combat instructor academy, where he and other instructors provided combat training and tactics to soldiers who were stationed at the fort. One soldier who received training from the academy was a sergeant named Jaynes, who credited the instructors with providing training that he believed had saved his life during combat. In 3643 BBY, Jaynes was stationed at one of the entrances to Fort Garnik, where he directed newly arrived soldiers to Lieutenant Forris for training.
One soldier whom Jaynes had sent to Forris for training was a newly recruited sergeant of the Republic Special Forces unit known as Havoc Squad. Believing that even a soldier from one of the elite squads of the Republic could learn from an experienced veteran, Forris provided the sergeant with training during the time the soldier spent at the fort.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
- "Even Havoc Squad could learn from a veteran."
- ―Lieutenant Forris
Forris had fair skin, green eyes, and brown hair. By the time he was serving at Fort Garnik, Forris had obtained a great deal of experience and knew enough about combat tactics, training, and technology to instruct others in their use. He attempted to pass his knowledge on to other soldiers and thought that even members of elite units could gain from what a veteran soldier like him had to say. Sergeant Jaynes believed that Forris and the other instructors at the combat instructor academy had given him the training that allowed him to survive the war on Ord Mantell.
Equipment[edit | edit source]
While at Fort Garnik, Forris wore the blue-colored chest armor, light-colored pants, and brown boots that were worn by many of the Republic soldiers serving on Ord Mantell. In addition, Forris wore a pair of black gloves and a blue helmet with a visor that covered his eyes but left the rest of his face exposed. While at the fort, Forris carried a blaster cannon on his back. He also carried a device that was capable of projecting a spherical shield that could envelop his entire body.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Lieutenant Forris first appears in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a 2011 MMORPG produced by BioWare. He is located in Fort Garnik, the central location for beginning Republic characters starting on the planet Ord Mantell. In the game, Forris is the first skill trainer for players of the Trooper class and is featured in the Trooper quest "Best of the Best," in which Sergeant Jaynes directs the characters to Forris for training. In the game, Forris has the same lines of dialogue as other Trooper trainers. While the player is not required to take the quest and can train with Forris without completing it, this article is written with the assumption of 100 percent game completion. Although not identified by name, Forris's location as a Trooper trainer in Fort Garnik is shown on the maps for Ord Mantell in Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide, a book that was released at the same time as the game.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide (Indirect mention only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Trooper Mission: "Best of the Best" on Ord Mantell
- While Forris's hair and eyes are not normally visible in Star Wars: The Old Republic, if the player gets close enough his visor partially disappears and his eyes and eyebrows can be seen.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Ord Mantell identifies generic non-player characters with the same uniform as Forris as Mantellian Troopers. Star Wars: The Old Republic—Mission: "The Untold Story" on Ord Mantell has dialogue that refers to the pro-Republic forces as the Mantellian Army. Based on this information, it can be determined that Forris was also a member of the Mantellian Army.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. As the quest involving Forris took place in the Prologue for the Trooper class, Forris can be placed in Fort Garnik during 3643 BBY. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Date night from Doc identfied the war as the "Separatist War."
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide