- "We've finally managed to fight off the remaining Sand People from Fort Tusken. As the last one fell, I was overwhelmed with profound pride as the fortress had at last been recovered from the hands of the foul murderers who have soiled its halls for so long. I look forward to sending word to... what's this... another wave of Tusken Raiders has appeared! They seem to fight with renewed vigor and have reinforced their numbers with much more powerful warriors this time. Perhaps my thoughts of victory are far too premature..."
- ―From a personal voice recorder found in a Jawa junk sale
The fort itself consisted of four main buildings, and plenty of balaconies which offered exceptional defensive positions. Beneath the fort, there were caves which lead directly into the complex. These caves were filled with Tusken Raiders, who were vehemently defending a small pond of water beneath the ground.
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- Tatooine Manhunt
- Star Wars Technical Journal
- Secrets of Tatooine
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 80 (TAT50, Tatooine - Colonization)