The Fourth Sister was a female member of the Inquisitorius during the Imperial Era. During the imprisonment of Rebel Alliance Lieutenant Thom Hudd, the Fourth Sister was impersonated by Rebel Commander Lina Graf, who managed to rescue Hudd.
- "Who are they?"
"Inquisitors. Many were Jedi who turned to the dark side. Now, they hunt their own kind."
- ―Leia Organa and Obi-Wan Kenobi, upon seeing Fourth Sister and Fifth Brother
The female individual who became the Fourth Sister was at one point a member of the Jedi Order. Eventually, she fell to the dark side of the Force and became a member of the Galactic Empire's Inquisitorius, who served the Sith as an extension of Darth Sidious and Darth Vader's will.
Hunting Obi-Wan Kenobi
- "He could be anywhere."
- ―The Fourth Sister on Kenobi's location
Around 9 BBY,, after the Third Sister hired Vect Nokru and his mercenaries to kidnap the Alderaanian Princess Leia Organa and bring her to Daiyu in hopes that Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi would be contacted by Leia's adoptive father, Imperial Senator Bail Prestor Organa, to rescue her. The Fourth Sister and the Fifth Brother accompanied the Grand Inquisitor to capture Kenobi. Once they met with the Third Sister on Daiyu, the Grand Inquisitor chastised her for kidnapping a senator's daughter and dismissed her from the mission. After the inquisitors secured the city, The Fourth Sister showed the Grand Inquisitor a bounty hunter alert advertising a bounty placed on Kenobi's head, leading the Grand Inquisitor to deduce that the Third Sister had acted behind his back once again. She later went to examine a crowd of civilians.
After the supposed death of the Grand Inquisitor on Daiyu, the Fourth Sister was present at Fortress Inquisitorius along with the Fifth Brother when the Third Sister arrived to inform them of the location of Kenobi. The Fourth Sister claimed that the Jedi Master could be anywhere, but the Third Sister demanded the probe droids to be sent out to pinpoint Obi-Wan's locations as she got orders from Darth Vader himself. The Inquisitors later had another meeting at the fortress where they confirmed that Kenobi was at Mapuzo, a mining planet on the Mid Rim. The Fourth Sister then ordered a group of Imperial officers to gather their stormtroopers and shut down every single port at the planet. The Fourth Sister and her fellow Inquisitors arrived along with Darth Vader at a nearby settlement on Mapuzo, while the Sith Lord started terrorizing civilians in order to draw Kenobi out, the Inquisitors had the task of sweeping the town and search for others. After Vader had a brief duel with Obi-Wan on a quarry where the Jedi Master managed to escape, the Fourth Sister informed the Fifth Brother that their new orders were to sweep the planet.
- "So, as you can see, Inquisitor… simply being a lackey of the Emperor isn't enough…you must earn your respect within these walls. If indeed you are an Inquisitor at all!"
- ―Vaneé to Lina Graf, who was impersonating the Fourth Sister
The fate of the Fourth Sister was ultimately unknown. At some point following a mission to the Outer Rim by members of the Rebel Alliance, the Fourth Sister lost her armor to Rebel Alliance Commander Lina Graf. Other than the fact that the Inquisitor's armor was in Graf's possession, nothing was known about the fate of the Fourth Sister to the wider galaxy. Graf, wearing the Fourth Sister's armor, impersonated her and infiltrated Fortress Vader on Mustafar where Rebel Lieutenant Thom Hudd was being held prisoner by Darth Vader's aide, Vaneé.
After talking and fighting with the Fourth Sister, Vaneé realized that it was not her, but that it was Graf. Vaneé told her that he knew because she was not carrying a lightsaber, and managed to briefly defeat her. Graf, however, regained the upper hand and along with Hudd, managed to escape Mustafar.
Skills and abilities
- "How did you know?"
"That you were a fake? An Inquisitor without a lightsaber? You must think me a fool…"
- ―Vaneé and Lina Graf, the latter of whom was impersonating the Fourth Sister
The Fourth Sister was equipped with her own dark colored Inquisitor uniform, and carried a double-bladed spinning lightsaber. When impersonating Fourth Sister, Lina Graf wore a helmet that had a red T-shaped visor. However, she lacked a lightsaber like the Fourth Sister carried, leading Vaneé to realize she was an imposter.
Behind the scenes
The Fourth Sister was first mentioned via impersonation in the fourth issue of the Star Wars Adventures: Return to Vader's Castle comic book series, which was written by Cavan Scott, illustrated by Francesco Francavilla, and released on October 23, 2019. Although she was not named in the comic, Scott later revealed that the impersonated Inquisitor was dubbed Fourth Sister in the comic's script. She was later formally identified as such in the Star Wars Encyclopedia reference booklet "Darth Maul and Other Dark Side Followers," published by De Agostini on July 13, 2021. The actual Fourth Sister first appeared in "Part II" of the live-action series Obi-Wan Kenobi, in which she was portrayed by Rya Kihlstedt.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi – "Part II" (First appearance)
- Obi-Wan Kenobi – "Part III"
- Obi-Wan Kenobi – "Part IV"
- Star Wars Adventures: Return to Vader's Castle 4 (First mentioned) (Impersonated)
- Star Wars Adventures: Return to Vader's Castle 5 (Impersonated)
- "Darth Maul and Other Dark Side Followers" – Star Wars Encyclopedia (First described)
- (First pictured)
Notes and references
- "Darth Maul and Other Dark Side Followers" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Obi-Wan Kenobi – "Part II"
- Star Wars: The Dark Side establishes that all Imperial Inquisitors were former members of the Jedi Order.
- Darth Vader (2017) 6
- Obi-Wan Kenobi – "Part III"
- Obi-Wan Kenobi begins ten years after the events of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. establishes that the story of
- Star Wars Adventures: Return to Vader's Castle 5
- Star Wars Adventures: Return to Vader's Castle 4