The fragmentation grenade was an explosive device that caused damage through its explosion, and the grapeshots contained within it. Its explosive power was higher than normal explosives to further propel the non-explosive material within it. One was used by Roja, a soldier in the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry, against the Sith Lord Darth Vader during the Battle of Hoth in 3 ABY. The grenades were also employed by the Empire, specifically by Death Troopers and Coastal defender stormtroopers.
Behind the scenes
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "In the Name of the Rebellion"
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story audiobook
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel audiobook
- Star Wars: Rogue One Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Rogue One Adaptation 6
- Star Wars (2015) 33
- Doctor Aphra (2016) 18
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 8: Redemption"
- Star Wars: The Mandalorian Junior Novel
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 12: The Siege"
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: Destiny – Legacies (Card: Fragmentation Grenade)
- Rise of the Separatists
- Collapse of the Republic
- Gadgets and Gear
- "Imperial Troops" – Star Wars Encyclopedia (Picture only)
- "Explosives, Heavy Weapons and Unstable Elements" – Star Wars Encyclopedia