Fral was a type of food which could be served with baked cushnip. The Artiodac chef Strono Tuggs cooked baked cushnip with fral at the castle of the pirate Maz Kanata around thirty years before the Battle of Endor.
Behind the scenes
Fral first appeared as a prop in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, a film released in 2015. It was not identified in the film, but was named in the reference book Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, written by Pablo Hidalgo and released the day after the film.
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 16: The Rescue" (Mentioned on menu)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- The Force Awakens: Rey's Story
- The Force Awakens: Rey's Story audiobook
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Fral)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills