- "With the sensors blind to our ships, we should be able to sneak right down to Fresia and grab those X-wings."
- ―Raymus Antilles
Description[edit | edit source]
Fresia was the second planet from the star Fre'ji in the Fre'ji system of the Torranix sector in the Core Worlds region of the galaxy. Located between Galand and Cal-Seti on the hyperlane known as the Agricultural Circuit, it was a terrestrial world 10,308 kilometers in diameter, with a breathable atmosphere and standard gravity. As a result of extremely slow axial rotation, Fresia's day lasted 528 standard hours, while its year lasted 132 standard days.
Fresia had seven moons, which produced complex and extreme tidal cycles. The world's climate was temperate but varied wildly, with violent storms occurring often, and its mean temperature was cool. The planet featured oceans, and its terrain included rocky islands and fractured archipelagoes. Fresia featured an abundance of indigenous wildlife, including the Coromon headhunter, but reptiles and amphibians were rare due to the climate.
History[edit | edit source]
Fresia was an uninhabited planet when investors purchased it in 2000 BBY. The Galactic Empire occupied Fresia shortly after Incom completed the first prototypes of the X-wing starfighter. Due to the high concentration of aquatic environments on Fresia, the Empire maintained a platoon of aquatic stormtroopers on the planet.
Early in the Galactic Civil War, the X-wing prototypes were held there by Incom and, according to instructions by Incom, the newly-formed Alliance to Restore the Republic carried out an operation in order to obtain them led by Raymus Antilles. After the battle, Captain Raymus Antilles wanted to liberate Fresia and rid it of Imperial control. However, Mon Mothma countermanded this decision, stating that it would present too much of a target to the Empire and endanger the citizens of Fresia.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
Fresia lacked a native sentient species. Humans comprised 96% of the planet's population of 2.3 million, which made it one of the least-populated habitable Core Worlds. The exceptional length of Fresia's days and nights affected the mood of its inhabitants dramatically.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Empire at War (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game
- "Wanted by Cracken"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 10
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition, Revised and Expanded
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 24
- The Essential Atlas
- "X-Wing" TechPlate