A fringer or fringe dweller was a citizen of the galaxy who came from less settled, frontier regions, or the "fringe" of the galaxy. They typically had little or no high-tech equipment and luxuries and were forced to make do with what technology they could acquire, possibly used or cobbled together on their own. Fringers were often farmers, but due to the necessities of life found themselves adaptable to many situations, learning a wide variety of skills.
During the Mandalorian Wars, the term "fringer" referred to a freelance tradesperson. Fringers assisted with provisioning when official channels were insufficient.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic: Days of Fear
- "The Admiral's List: Jimas Veltraa Memorial Edition" — Knights of the Old Republic 13: Days of Fear, Part 1
- Outward Bound (Mentioned only)
- Winner Lose All
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Classic Adventures
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Lords of the Expanse
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game
- Rogues Gallery"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Suns of Fortune
- Fly Casual
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – Rebel Alliance Conversion Kit (Card: )