Frisal was a terrestrial planet located in the Frisal system, a part of the Atrisian Commonwealth in the Southern Core portion of the Core Worlds. It was the homeworld of loirbniggs, a species of eight-legged reptilian creatures.
The Galactic Empire maintained Frisal as a preserve world for affluent Imperial families. Members of the Imperial nobility also vacationed on the planet, and the aristocrats bred and trained loirbniggs for use as mounts.
Behind the scenesEdit
Frisal was first mentioned in the 1993 sourcebook Planets of the Galaxy, Volume Three, which was authored by John Terra and published for use with West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Frisal system, and therefore the planet Frisal, in grid square J-12.
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume Three (First mentioned)
- The Star Wars Planets Collection
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Frisal system — Based on corresponding data for
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Frisal system, and therefore Frisal, in the Atrisian Commonwealth, which The Essential Atlas designates as part of the Southern Core. places the
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 The Star Wars Planets Collection
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 296 ("Frisal")
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 259 ("loirbnigg")
- ↑ Planets of the Galaxy, Volume Three
- ↑ The Essential Atlas