History[edit | edit source]
Constructed on the outskirts of Theed, the Funeral Temple was a quiet, reflective place sought out while mourning the dead. An ancient domed building, the small temple had an open ceiling directly over the pyre at the interior chamber's center. It was at the temple that the planet's dead were cremated, their lives celebrated by mourners who gathered in a tiered circle around the pyre.
In 32 BBY, following the Trade Federation's unsuccessful invasion of the planet, Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn was cremated in the temple after his death at the hands of the Sith apprentice Darth Maul.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Master & Apprentice
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- The Phantom Menace Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Darth Vader 4 (In flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (First identified as Funeral Temple)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- "Naboo" – Star Wars Encyclopedia