- "The Council has granted me permission to train you. You will be a Jedi. I promise."
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi to Anakin Skywalker, at Qui-Gon Jinn's funeral
In the aftermath of the battle to end the Trade Federation's invasion of the planet Naboo, the funeral of Qui-Gon Jinn was held in Theed for Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, who was killed by the Sith Lord Darth Maul during the battle. The Jedi funeral was attended by a number of dignitaries, including Yoda, Mace Windu, and several members of the Jedi High Council, as well as Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker; Queen Padmé Amidala, Boss Nass, and Jar Jar Binks of Naboo; and newly-elected Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine, secretly the Sith Lord Darth Sidious.
At the funeral, Jinn's body was lit aflame on a funeral pyre; despite having trained to retain an eternal consciousness, his body did not disappear upon his death, as his training was incomplete. Kenobi told Skywalker that he would be Skywalker's master, as the Jedi Council had agreed to allow Skywalker join the Jedi Order. Yoda and Windu also discussed the return of the Sith, and wondered whether Darth Maul was the master or the apprentice—as they knew there could only be two Sith.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Master & Apprentice (Mentioned only)
- Queen's Peril
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings
- The Phantom Menace Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Queen's Shadow (Mentioned only) (First identified as funeral of Qui-Gon Jinn)
- Queen's Shadow audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader 4 (Appears in flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- (Picture only)