The funnel flower, also known as the funnel plant, was a plant native to the desert world of Tatooine that had a cone of large petals that grew from a long, J-shaped stem. The stem itself grew within a crack or crevice in the rocks.
The plant pulled hot air in through the upper part of the stem, and then moved it down into the part hidden in the crevice. There, moisture condensed out of the air, and was hoarded by the plant in the crook of the stem.
- Episode I Adventures 5: The Ghostling Children
- Episode I Adventures 6: The Hunt for Anakin Skywalker
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe (First identified as Funnel flower)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 78 (TAT48, Tatooine - Climate)
- (as funnel plant)
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia