Fusion generators, also known as fusion reactors, or fusion facilities, or fusion power core were a type of generator capable of creating power. GNK-series power droids were built with internal fusion generators.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Fusion generators were first mentioned in the Star Wars Legends core rule book for the first edition of the Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, which was released in 1987. They were confirmed to be canon under the name fusion reactor when they appeared in "Unfinished Business" an episode of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series released on StarWars.com in 2014 as part of The Clone Wars Legacy. The name fusion generator was then also reinstated as canon by the reference book Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, which was written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in 2015.
Despite fusion being an amazing accomplishment on Earth, and could supply unlimited energy, Galen Erso disregarded it and said that the energy from kyber crystals could be able to supply inexpensive power to developing worlds.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (Mentioned only) (as fusion facility)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Unfinished Business" (First appearance) (as fusion reactor)
- Most Wanted
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 5 (Mentioned only)
- Alphabet Squadron (as fusion reactor)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as fusion generator)
- Star Wars: Build Your Own R2-D2 6 (Droid Directory: EGL Power Droids)
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections (as miniaturized fusion reactor)
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars: Droidography
- Star Wars Day-at-a-Time Calendar 2020
- Rebel Starfighters Owners' Workshop Manual