Fyzen Gor was a Pau'an male gangster who was the creator of the Phylanx Redux Transmitter. He was a medical student at Prasteen Braak, the most esteemed med school in Pau City on the planet Utapau. He and fellow medical student Greesto Ftrak were planning to open their own surgical center in the Preevow Sector of Pau City. Two weeks away from opening, a group of Pau'an gunners entered and took the two hostage with a class 1 medical droid. Gor, Ftrak, and the droid were taken far into the plains on a speeder. When Ftrak asked if their captors were members of the Wandering Star, a powerful group of Pau'an gangsters, Gor saw his friend shot in the chest in response. As they approach a roadblock, Gor and the others were attacked by a group of Utai raiders, who killed the Pau'ans. Gor grabbed a blaster and used it to seven of Utai raiders, taking the lone surviving raider hostage. The droid hauled the prisoner to a nearby cave with Gor dragging his mortally wounded friend Ftrak behind him. Gor eventually experimented on his friend, who had since died in a coma, combining his flesh with the droid.
Eventually, he became obsessed with droids and the biomechanical union of flesh and circuits. On two separate occasions, the crew of the Millennium Falcon attempted to claim the transmitter, firstly when Lando Calrissian and the droid L3-37 made claim for the device, and then when Han Solo along with Sana Starros cheated Gor out of his device. After the Galactic Empire had been destroyed, Gor began to hunt Calrissian, placing Cloud City in danger of being annihilated. In response, Calrissian turned to Solo and they put a team together including the Wookiee Chewbacca, the young hotshot pilot Taka Jamoreesa, the Ugnaught technician Florx Biggles, and the Ewok slicer Peekpa to stop Gor.
Gor fled the Phylanx Redux Transmitter after it was destroyed by Calrissian. After a brief battle during the fleeing of the Phylanx, he was killed by Solo.
- Last Shot (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy (Indirect mention only)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
Notes and references
- Last Shot
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates Lando Calrissian and Han Solo's pursuit of Fyzen Gor, as seen in Last Shot, to twenty-seven years before the Hosnian Cataclysm. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Hosnian Cataclysm to 34 ABY, meaning that the events of Last Shot, including Gor's death, took place in 7 ABY.