G4-S8 was an R-series astromech droid, manufactured by Industrial Automaton. During the First Order's occupation of the planet Batuu in 34 ABY, G4-S8 was displayed amongst a variety of droid parts upon one of the upper shelves of the Droid Depot in Black Spire Outpost on Batuu. It had green and white paneling and a black sensor.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded states that all R-series droids are manufactured by Industrial Automaton. As Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge depicts G4-SB as an R-series droid, these characteristics must also apply to it.
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Droid Depot
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia states that all astromech droids are second class droids. As G4-S8 is depicted as an astromech droid in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, it must also be a second class droid.
- Droid Depot has official backstory elements that, while not directly published for the public, are officially canon details that can be obtained verbally from cast members working in the store.
- The Star Wars Book dates the Battle of Batuu, which is depicted in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge via the attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, to 34 years after Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of A New Hope to 0 BBY, therefore the events of Galaxy's Edge, including G4-S8's appearance, must take place in 34 ABY.