- "It looks like the Sandpeople did this, all right. Look. There's gaffi sticks, bantha tracks."
- ―Luke Skywalker
A gaderffii stick, also known simply as a gaderffii or gaffi stick, was a bladed club used by the Tusken Raiders. They were used to jab and pummel their victims. The bent end of a gaderffii, called the traang in Tusken, could be doused with sand bat venom, which had paralyzing properties. Though a primitive weapon, it was nevertheless extremely deadly in the right hands.
Around 5 ABY, while on Tatooine, Boba Fett trained in the use of one after he was held captive by a Tusken tribe, eventually earning the right to wield one, which he crafted himself in the Gaderffii stick workshop, with a branch of a Wortwood tree that he found in the desert, and with the help of a craftsman, who utilized Tusken Adze. He carried this stick on his back in 9 ABY as Din Djarin left Mos Pelgo following his exploits in aiding the townspeople. Fett would later wield the weapon on Tython against stormtroopers with brutal efficiency, easily piercing through and even outright shattering their armor with it. Fett later attempted to utilize it while being attacked by Krrsantan. Later, he used the weapon to kill Cad Bane.
Notes and references
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Gadgets and Gear
- "Melee and Ranged Weapons" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Book of Boba Fett – "Chapter 2: The Tribes of Tatooine"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- "Rites"—From a Certain Point of View
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 14: The Tragedy"
- "A Certain Point of View" – Star Wars Insider 202 dates the skirmish on Nevarro and the second rescue of Grogu—which are depicted in the The Mandalorian episodes "Chapter 7: The Reckoning" and "Chapter 16: The Rescue," respectively—to "9 ASW4," or nine years after the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which corresponds to 9 ABY according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The events of Chapters 7–16 must therefore take place in 9 ABY.
- The Mandalorian – "Chapter 9: The Marshal"
- The Book of Boba Fett – "Chapter 3: The Streets of Mos Espa"
- The Book of Boba Fett – "Chapter 7: In the Name of Honor"