The Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide is a Star Wars Legends reference book written by sound designer Ben Burtt and illustrated by Sergio Aragonés. Its first half is presented as an in-universe book written by Ebenn Q3 Baobab in 6 ABY, and the latter half covers the real-world sounds developed by Burtt. The book was published on August 7, 2001 by Del Rey.
Whether doing business with the Hutts or trying to get a decent haircut on Coruscant, the Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide is an invaluable tool for galactic travelers. Vividly illustrated by Sergio Aragonés, this handy volume covers the basics, including
- Greetings—H'chu apenkee, o'grandio lust: "Greetings, glorious host" in Huttese. It doesn't hurt to be nice, and it might hurt you not to.
- Travel arrangements—Zat x'ratch keezo bompaz ha sheep: in Bocce, "That scratch was there when I rented the ship."
- Bargaining for your life—Huwaa muaa mumwa: "Can I buy you a drink?" in Wookiee-speak. Try it. It just might work.
A MUST HAVE WHEN TRAVELLING WITHOUT YOUR PROTOCOL DROID!
- Part One: The Phrase Book
- About the Author
- Part Two: Behind the Sounds
- Appendix: Selected Alien Language Scenes From Star Wars
- ISBN 9780553392883; August 7, 2001; Del Rey; US paperback
- ISBN 9780345440747; August 7, 2001; Del Rey; US paperback
|Organizations and titles||Sentient species||Vehicles and vessels||Weapons and technology||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
Vehicles and vessels
Weapons and technology