- "I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die while you discuss this invasion in a committee!"
- ―Queen Amidala, to the Galactic Senate
The Galactic Senate Chamber, also known as the Grand Convocation Chamber, was a large, open area contained within the Senate Building on the planet Coruscant. The chamber was the meeting hall for the Galactic Senate of the Galactic Republic. It was lined with one thousand and twenty-four repulsorpods for the senators and representatives from the various political delegations. The platforms could detach from the walls of the chamber which was equipped with voice-amplifying microphones, translators, and hovercams that recorded the various proceedings. At the center of the chamber was a podium where the Supreme Chancellor and the Vice Chair would preside over meetings of the Senate. It was in the Galactic Senate Chamber that Chancellor Sheev Palpatine proclaimed the formation of the Galactic Empire with himself as emperor in front of the newly christened Imperial Senate. Many of the repulsorpods were later damaged when Sidious and Jedi Master Yoda threw them at each other while dueling. The Chamber held 1,042 delegations from the worlds of the Republic.
- (as "Senate rotunda")
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Galactic Senate Chamber)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Lightsabers: A Guide to Weapons of the Force
- (Picture only)
- (as "Senate rotunda" and "Senate chamber")