The term "galactic community" is a phrase that can refer to either:
- The people all over the galaxy.
- Shared values and principles among the primary actors within a galactic system.
The galactic community grew with the growth of technology and discovery of new systems and civilizations. The first notion of galactic community can be considered the Infinite Empire. With the passing of time, more of them joined or began interaction with the growing Galactic Republic.
Isolated or undiscovered locations, species and civilizations were not part of the larger galactic community. For example, the Republic and the Sith Empire were unaware of the existence of each other, until the Great Hyperspace War and the fall of the Empire shortly thereafter.
The Unknown Regions were those regions of the galaxy that were not part of the wider galactic community.
Behind the scenesEdit
The concept of galactic community is similar to International community.
- Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil
- The Hive
- Contract AA23
- "Galaxywide NewsNets"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3 (Mentioned only)
- Lure of the Lost
- "Conflict of Interest"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 13
- Legacy of the Force: Betrayal
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- "Crystal Web Space Station"—Polyhedron 93
- "The Luminous Bantha: Adventures for the Star Wars: New Republic Campaign"—Polyhedron 94
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- Galaxy Guide 12: Aliens — Enemies and Allies
- "The Yard of Opportunity"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 8
- Lords of the Expanse
- The Anzati"—Star Wars Gamer 1 (As "galactic society") "
- The Dark Side Sourcebook
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (Mentioned in multiple entries, but without own entry)
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook