The galaxy fleet was an expansive fleet that was comprised of over 16,000 volunteer ships from throughout the Core systems and the galaxy that was assembled by General Landonis Balthazar Calrissian to aid the Resistance in the final battle against Galactic Emperor and Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Sidious and the combined forces of the Sith Eternal and First Order, the Final Order.
- "But there are more of us, Poe. There are more of us."
- ―Lando Calrissian, to Poe Dameron
At first, many worlds were hesitant to aid the Resistance cause in the beginning of the war against the First Order due to the recent collapse of the New Republic and the advance of the First Order's conquest of the galaxy.
Although many worlds capitulated to the First Order out of fear and in order to avoid direct conflict, some free worlds managed to successfully oppose the First Order through their planetary defense forces as well as some task forces that were dissolved by surviving New Republic senators from the remnants of the New Republic Starfleet.
Eventually, these worlds all agreed to unite their forces after being rallied by Rebellion heroes Lando Calrissian and Chewbacca from the Millennium Falcon. The fleet then arrived at Exegol during a battle to reinforce the Resistance in their effort to prevent the Sith fleet from deploying off of Exegol, where they helped turn the tide of the battle and achieve victory. As a result, a galactic uprising against the First Order was undertaken by the inhabitants of the galaxy.
- "Look at this!"
- ―Poe Dameron
The galaxy fleet was composed of a plethora of starships of various classes. For capital ships, the fleet had MC75 star cruisers. Frigates were also used, including EF76 Nebulon-B escort frigates, Pelta-class frigates, Nebulon-C escort frigates, and Vakbeor-class cargo frigates. Ships of smaller classification included Braha'tok-class gunships, Sphyrna-class corvettes, Free Virgillia-class Bunkerbusters, Baleen-class heavy freighters, the Ghost, the Millennium Falcon, and various other vessels. The fleet was ultimately composed of over 16,000 starships of varying class and size.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Well, one thing we do know is that among the 14,000 ships that arrive with Lando Calrissian over Exegol in Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker are the Fireball, Jarek Yeager's racer, and Torra Doza's ship."
- ―Pablo Hidalgo states the fleet was 14,000 ships
The galaxy fleet first appeared in the 2019 film Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker, the third and final installment of the Star Wars sequel trilogy. A Star Wars Resistance Bucket's List article on StarWars.com initially stated the fleet was made up of 14,000 starships, but it was later stated to actually contain over 16,000.
- Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary dates the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker to one year after the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. As Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of The Force Awakens to 34 ABY, the events of The Rise of Skywalker, which includes the appearance of the allied fleet, must occur in 35 ABY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Watch the Mesmerizing VFX Reel for The Rise of Skywalker — EXCLUSIVE. Retrieved on February 4, 2020.
- Watch the Mesmerizing VFX Reel for The Rise of Skywalker — EXCLUSIVE. Retrieved on February 4, 2020. (First identified as Galaxy fleet)