- "I'm all for the element of surprise, don't get me wrong, but what are you using for a navigation point? Not Gamorr, right?"
- ―Luke Skywalker questions how Drusil Bephorin hopes to navigate east of Kupoh
Gamorr was a lush planet located in the Galov sector of the Outer Rim Territories, near Hutt Space and on the Triellus Trade Route. It was the homeworld of a porcine sentient species, the Gamorreans, who chopped down forests to clear land for farming.
It was located to the galactic east of Kupoh. Shortly after the Battle of Yavin, the Givin Drusil Bephorin needed to escape Kupoh with the Alliance to Restore the Republic agents Luke Skywalker and Nakari Kelen and suggested they travel to the east, causing Skywalker to question if she was using the distant Gamorr as her navigation point. Bephorin was in fact using the location of a theoretical star she had calculated must exist as a navigation point.
Behind the scenesEdit
Gamorr was first mentioned in the current Star Wars canon in the 2015 Del Rey novel Heir to the Jedi, written by Kevin Hearne. The planet Gamorr was originally introduced in the Star Wars Legends continuity in the The Star Wars Sourcebook, a 1987 sourcebook written by Bill Slavicsek and Curtis Smith for West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game.
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: Aliens and Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy From A To Z