System: Gandeid. The tall, lanky Gandeidan cooha is well adapted to the low gravity of Gandeid IV, where it feeds primarily on flightless noli nestlings."
- ―Personal notes of Wilek Nereus
Gandeid IV was the primary planet of the Gandeid system, a part of the Expansion Region's Trailing Grant sector. The planet occupied the fourth orbital position in its star system, and the Gandeidan gravity was low and the climate temperate. It was home to the creatures known as noli as well as the large predatory avian cooha.
At some point before his death in 4 ABY, the Imperial Governor Wilek Nereus of the Wild Space planet Bakura visited Gandeid IV, where he obtained several cooha teeth to add to his dental collection.
Behind the scenesEdit
Gandeid IV was first mentioned in The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook, a 1996 sourcebook published for West End Games' Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Gandeid system, and therefore Gandeid IV, in grid square J-15.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Gandeid system — Based on corresponding data for
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. I, p. 320 ("Gandeid IV")
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ Bakura system — Based on corresponding data for
- ↑ The Essential Atlas