Gap Nox was a male Neimoidian bodyguard of Confederacy of Independent Systems leader Nute Gunray. In 19 BBY, Nox was killed when the Sith Lord Darth Vader slaughtered the Separatist Council on the planet Mustafar.
Gap Nox was a male Neimoidian captain in the Neimoidian Gunnery Battalion, who served the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars against the Galactic Republic. After the Battle of Moorja, he became a bodyguard of the Trade Federation Viceroy Nute Gunray, and in 19 BBY accompanied Gunray to the planet Mustafar, where the Separatist Council had their stronghold. Nox was stationed to the left side of the bunker entrance where the CIS leadership was waiting when Darth Vader, the newly-appointed pupil of the Sith Lord Darth Sidious, arrived. Sidious, a secret ally of the Separatists, however, betrayed them and Vader slaughtered all present, including Nox and Gunray.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Gap Nox first appeared as an unnamed background character in the 2005 movie Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. Nine years later, he received his name in the Star Wars Insider 147 article The Devious Neimoidians Revealed by Tim Veekhoven, Kevin Beentjes, Sander de Lange, and Leland Chee. The character was specified further in the 'Devious Neimoidians Revealed' notes included in the Facebook page Star Wars Sourcebooks, which was also run by the first three authors.
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First appearance)
- "The Devious Neimoidians Revealed"—Star Wars Insider 147 (First identified as Gap Nox)
- Creating & Naming 'The Devious Neimoidians'. Star Wars Sourcebooks (January 19, 2014, 11:40 pm). (screenshot)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 "The Devious Neimoidians Revealed"—Star Wars Insider 147
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Creating & Naming 'The Devious Neimoidians'. Star Wars Sourcebooks (January 19, 2014, 11:40 pm). (screenshot)