- «How goes the war, gentlemen?»
- ―Gardulla, to Obi-Wan Kenobi and Quinlan Vos[src]
Gardulla Besadii the Elder was a female Besadii Hutt of the Hutt Clan prior to and during the Clone Wars. Prior to the Clone Wars, Gardulla was the owner of Shmi and Anakin Skywalker, but lost them to Watto in a bet.
A female Hutt born on Nal Hutta, Gardulla became a prominent member of the Besadii division of the Hutt Clan and was one of the most powerful Hutt crime lords on Tatooine. Years prior to the Invasion of Naboo, Gardulla bought Shmi Skywalker and her son Anakin as her slaves, however, she later lost them in a bet with the Toydarian junk dealer Watto. Years later alongside Jabba, she watched as her former slave, Anakin Skywalker won the Boonta Eve Classic podrace from Jabba's box seats.
Following Ziro the Hutt's breakout during the Clone Wars, Gardulla and the Hutt Council met at her palace on Nal Hutta and demanded that Ziro give up the Council's records. When Jedi Masters Obi-Wan Kenobi and Quinlan Vos arrived, Gardulla asked them how the war was going and denied that the Hutts had anything to do with Ziro's escape or Cad Bane. When Vos accused her and the council of freeing Ziro, Gardulla said that he was lucky that the reasonable Kenobi was with him, or he would not be allowed to leave alive. Following that encounter, Gardulla and the Council discovered that Ziro had escaped. They then hired Bane to track Ziro down.
- The High Republic: Tempest Runner (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Journeys: The Phantom Menace (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Graphic Novel Adaptation (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Battlefront II (Mentioned only) (DLC)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as Gardulla Besadii the Elder)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 19 (Databank A-Z: GA-97–Geonosis)
- Darth Vader: Sith Lord
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 27 (Databank A-Z: InterGalactic Banking Clan–Jakku)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 49 (Databank A-Z: Serenno–Anakin Skywalker)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Alien Archive (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 70 (Databank A-Z: Wicket Warrick–Weequay)
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian: Making of Season Two
- "Tatooine" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Character Encyclopedia - Join the Battle!
- "Jabba the Hutt and Other Bounty Hunters and Criminals" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Anakin Skywalker" – Star Wars Encyclopedia
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)