A gargoyle was a supernatural creature with a long wingspan, dark skin, and large fangs. On Mortis, the Force wielder known as the Son took on the form of a gargoyle that represented the embodiment of the dark side of the Force. When in his creature form, the Son was 4.79 meters tall and had a wingspan of over 11 meters. The Son's sister, the Daughter, was also capable of shapeshifting and transformed into a griffin, embodying the light side of the Force.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Overlords" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Altar of Mortis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ghosts of Mortis"
- Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire (Mentioned only)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as gargoyle)