- "The sun has risen. Let the hunt begin."
Garnac was a Trandoshan male big game hunter who ran a hunting guild comprised of other Trandoshans, including his son Dar. Conducting hunts on the moon Wasskah, Garnac's guild would kidnap other sentient beings and bring them to one of Wasskah's islands, where they would be released and mercilessly hunted by the Trandoshans.
During the Clone Wars, one of the guild members captured the Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano and brought her to Wasskah. Tano killed Garnac's son during his first hunt, which enraged the Trandoshan leader, who swore vengeance on Tano. Garnac tracked the Jedi and killed the previously captured Jedi youngling Kalifa. Tano struck back a little later with the help of two other younglings and the Wookiee Chewbacca, where they attacked Garnac's floating fortress. Wookiee reinforcements arrived on the Zabrak bounty hunter Sugi's ship the Halo after receiving a transmission via a transmitter constructed by Chewbacca, and Garnac engaged Tano in combat amidst the ensuing chaos. The Trandoshan hunting leader was eventually thrown to his death.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Three
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events "Ghosts of Mortis" and "Water War" to 20 BBY. As the episode "Wookiee Hunt" takes place between the two episodes according to , Garnac's death must take place in that year.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"