Gary Whitta (born July 21, 1972) was the screenwriter for the first draft of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, for which he also coined the title. In 2015, Chris Weitz was brought on to complete the screenplay.
Previously, Whitta served as editor-in-chief of both the UK and US versions of PC Gamer Magazine. Several years prior to the announcement that he would write one of the Star Wars spin-off films, Whitta made a number of posts to the NeoGAF message boards, in which he criticized the prequel trilogy and the 2011 Blu-ray changes to the original trilogy.
Star Wars work
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Antilles Extraction"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Wynkahthu Job"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Warhead"
- Star Wars Rebels – "In the Name of the Rebellion" (Part One)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- "Raymus"—From a Certain Point of View
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Adaptation
- "Rogue Two"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back
Notes and references
- Gary Whitta on Wikipedia
- Gary Whitta On Growing Up With Star Wars, Prequel Disappointment and Writing a Spin-Off on /film (Backup link)
- Now we know what the writers of Star Wars: Rogue One were really thinking on Ars Technica (Backup link)