The Gauntlet was a Kom'rk-class fighter that was used by Bo-Katan Kryze, leader of the Mandalorian Nite Owls, during her search for allies who would help liberate her people's homeworld, Mandalore. Accompanied by two other Nite Owls, Kryze used the ship when pursuing Ahsoka Tano, a former Jedi, from the planet Oba Diah to Level 1313 on Coruscant.
Description[edit | edit source]
As a Kom'rk-class fighter, the Gauntlet was equipped with a Class 1 hyperdrive, four engines, a targeting computer, and four laser cannons; two mounted on its nose, and two on the rear. The ship could be crewed by two pilots, and measured 68 meters in length. Like other ships in its class, the Gauntlet could reach a top speed of 1,000 kph.
History[edit | edit source]
- "I need your help. Once we are underway I will explain everything."
- ―Kryze asks Ahsoka Tano to join the Nite Owls aboard the Gauntlet
In 19 BBY, following the dissolution of the Mandalorian splinter group, Death Watch, the homeworld of the Mandalorians, Mandalore, fell under the rule of the Dathomirian renegade Sith Lord Maul. Consequently, Bo-Katan Kryze, leader of the Nite Owls and a former member of the Death Watch, took refuge aboard the Gauntlet alongside Ursa Wren and another Nite Owl. As the leader of the Mandalore resistance, Kryze and the others searched for potential allies to join them and help liberate their home from Maul's control.
During the trio's pursuit of former Jedi Ahsoka Tano, Kryze piloted the starfighter and departed the planet Oba Diah, tailing the Nebula-class freighter Silver Angel, a ship that Tano was traveling aboard. Locking on the Angel using the Kom'rk fighter's targeting computer, they followed the freighter to Level 1313 on the Core Worlds planet Coruscant, where Kryze met Tano and requested her assistance. When the former Jedi agreed to help the Nite Owl, they boarded the Gauntlet and departed Level 1313 together.
Owners and operators[edit | edit source]
Following Maul's takeover of Mandalore, Kryze took refuge aboard the Gauntlet alongside Wren and another Nite Owl during their search for allies willing to help them liberate Mandalore.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Gauntlet first appeared in "Together Again," the eighth episode of the seventh and final season of the television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, which aired on April 10, 2020. It was first identified in the Star Wars Databank on StarWars.com. Concept art for the ship interiors, dated to June 7, 2018, was drawn by JP Balmet, while the lighting concept was done by Jason Boesch.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (Picture only)
- (First identified as Gauntlet)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Together Again"
- The Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "Together Again" establishes that the Gauntlet is a Kom'rk-class fighter, which measures 68 meters in length, has a maximum speed of 1,000 kph, and is equipped with a Class 1 hyperdrive, according to Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles.
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of the Star Wars: The Clone Wars episode "Shades of Reason," including the takeover of Mandalore, to 19 BBY.
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Episode 708 "Together Again". Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International. The Walt Disney Company. Archived from the original on April 8, 2020. Retrieved on April 13, 2020.
- (Slides 3 and 12)