Gauntlet was a Kom'rk-class fighter/transport owned by the Mandalorian soldier Pre Vizsla. Designed and constructed by the Mandalorian starship manufacturing corporation, MandalMotors, the Gauntlet measured 52.3 meters in length, and took its name from the Basic language translation of the Mando'a word, Kom'rk. Equipped with powerful engines and twin laser cannons, Gauntlet fulfilled dual roles as a troop transport and starfighter, and was maintained by Vizsla—leader of the radical Mandalorian splinter-group known as the Death Watch—as his personal transport during the galaxy-spanning Clone Wars.
Gauntlet was a Kom'rk-class fighter/transport, and like the smaller models of the Kom'rk-class, measured 52.3 meters in length. Gauntlet possessed broad, angular, rotating wings that alternated between an upright landing position when grounded, and a horizontal configuration while flying in the atmosphere or space. The starship was also equipped with dual, forward-facing laser cannons located at the nose of the main body, and powerful engines that made Gauntlet one of the fastest troop transports in the galaxy.
At some point in time prior to 21 BBY, the Kom'rk-class line of starships was constructed for the violent and radical Mandalorian splinter-faction known as the Death Watch by rogue elements within MandalMotors, a leading Mandalorian starship company based on the planet Mandalore, within the capital city of Keldabe. By the beginning of the Clone Wars—a pan-galactic conflict between the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems—numerous Kom'rk-class fighters had entered into the possession of the Death Watch. Their leader, a Mandalorian soldier by the name of Pre Vizsla, took possession of a Kom'rk fighter he subsequently entitled Gauntlet.
Vizsla kept the Gauntlet among the other Kom'rk-class fighters belonging to his subordinates in the renegades' secret base within the abandoned beskar iron mines on Mandalore's moon, Concordia. When Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi discovered the Death Watch, Vizsla ordered his troops to evacuate the base aboard their ships while he engaged Kenobi in a duel, managing to overcome the Jedi and force his retreat with the aid of a trio of his men.
Commanders and crewEdit
Gauntlet was owned by Pre Vizsla, one-time governor of Mandalore's moon, Concordia, and leader of the Death Watch faction of Mandalorians during the Clone Wars. Vizsla utilized the Gauntlet as his personal vessel during the war. Like all Kom'rk-class fighter/transports, Gauntlet could be crewed by up to four individuals.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Mandalore Plot" (First appearance)
- The Clone Wars: Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shades of Reason"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Official Episode Guide Series 1 & 2 (First identified as Gauntlet)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars Official Episode Guide Series 1 & 2
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 SW.com Eminence trivia gallery. "The Mandalorian Gauntlet ships in this episode are smaller versions of the larger ones seen in previous seasons."
- ↑ 4.0 4.1
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 TVB.com (Hong Kong broadcaster of The Clone Wars)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Mandalore Plot"
- ↑ Star Wars Annual 2011
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ The Essential Atlas
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars: New Battlefronts: The Visual Guide