A gausser was a type of silver-colored device consisting of a handle attached to a perforated scoop-shaped body. In 32 BBY, the slave Anakin Skywalker had a broken gausser hanging from the ceiling above the workbench in his bedroom at his home, which was located in the city of Mos Espa on the planet Tatooine. When Skywalker showed Queen Padmé Amidala and the astromech droid R2-D2 his protocol droid C-3PO, whom he had been building on his workbench, the gausser swung around from its attachment to the ceiling as C-3PO sat up.
Behind the scenes
A gausser first appeared in the 1999 prequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace. The item was first named in the current canon in the 2016 reference book Star Wars: Complete Locations. The name originated in the 2000 Star Wars Legends reference book Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I, which was written by Kristin Lund.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- The Skywalker Saga
- The Prequel Trilogy Stories
- The Phantom Menace Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Graphic Novel Adaptation
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Jedi vs. Sith - The Skywalker Saga"
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Star Wars Droids"
- Ultimate Star Wars (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (First identified as gausser)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition (Picture only)
- (Picture only)