- "That one of our own species-set could act against his fellows is incomputable."
- ―Senator Daggibus Scoritoles, speaking of Gavrilonnis Tejere
Gavrilonnis Tejere was a Givin male who, in 22 BBY, performed an act of sabotage on the Yag'Dhul Ambassadorial Landing Platform, located on the planet Coruscant. Born in 44 BBY, Tejere was a maintenance worker at the platform twenty-two years later, and one day reprogrammed the platform's repulsorlift assembly to bring the entire construction crashing to the ground. He fired his blaster pistol at a nosy co-worker in the process, which alerted the nearby Jedi Masters Yoda and Mace Windu. The two Jedi apprehended Tejere, who was then taken to a Judiciary processing center to be questioned. His actions caused considerable concern for several authorities.
- "I thought it odd, since the maintenance of such systems was not among his assigned variables. I processed it several times, but kept coming up with an irrational remainder, so I queried him. That's when he fired."
- ―Jujiran Halbeet, on Gavrilonnis Tejere's terrorist actions
The Givin male Gavrilonnis Tejere was born in the year 44 BBY. Twenty-two years later, he was employed as a maintenance worker at the Yag'Dhul Ambassadorial Landing Platform on the galactic capital planet of Coruscant. While on duty one day, Tejere sabotaged the platform's repulsorlift assembly by reprogramming it to malfunction and bring the platform crashing down from the air. However, maintenance of the assembly was not one of his assigned tasks, and his co-worker Jujiran Halbeet consequently inquired into his activities. Tejere responded by drawing a blaster pistol and shooting Halbeet, which sent the other Givin tumbling off the platform.
Coincidentally, the Jedi Masters Yoda and Mace Windu were riding an air taxi through a nearby skylane at the same moment. After they used the Force to catch Halbeet, the two Jedi brought their vehicle to the platform and confronted the saboteur. Tejere fired at them, but his inaccurate shooting and the protection offered by Windu's lightsaber spared the Jedi any harm. Yoda then used the Force to disarm Tejere, and Windu rendered the Givin unconscious by approaching him and applying pressure to his clavicle. Tejere was taken to a Judiciary processing center for questioning, where authorities determined that he had acted alone and not on behalf of the Confederacy of Independent Systems, a group of star systems that had recently seceded from the Galactic Republic.
Both Daggibus Scoritoles, a Givin member of the Galactic Senate, and Armand Isard, the Director of the Senate Bureau of Intelligence, were deeply troubled by Tejere's actions. An ad hoc task force consisting of both Bureau and Judiciary agents and led by Jedi Master Qu Rahn was created to further investigate the saboteur's activities and determine his motives.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "No connection to Separatists, had he. A lone agitator, he was. Investigate this matter further, we shall."
- ―Jedi Master Yoda
Gavrilonnis Tejere had sunken black eyes and a hairless, white exoskeleton. Although Yag'Dhul was the homeworld of his species, he sabotaged the Yag'Dhul Ambassadorial Landing Platform of his own volition and fired on a fellow Givin in an attempt to cover his tracks. Had Tejere's plans not been thwarted, his reprogramming of the platform would have crippled the structure and caused it to fall out of the sky.
Behind the scenesEdit
Gavrilonnis Tejere is featured in Star Wars canon as the subject of Would-Be Saboteur Captured, a 2002 article published online in Volume 531, Issue 53 of the HoloNet News website. The article was written by Pablo Hidalgo and Paul Ens, and an accompanying illustration of Tejere was drawn by Joe Corroney. Tejere is also mentioned in his co-worker Jujiran Halbeet's entry in 2008's The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.
- (First appearance)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Halbeet, Jujiran")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Ultimate Alien Anthology
- ↑ Credits. HoloNet News. Archived from the original on March 10, 2005. Retrieved on July 28, 2011.
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 8 ("Halbeet, Jujiran")