A gaxxan brain-slug was a species of slug that was capable of killing an individual. At least one of the creatures was small enough to be left on a pillow. The gaxxan brain-slugs were indigenous to the Gaxxa system, located in the Inner Rim region of the galaxy.
By the year 3956 BBY, the Zabrak mercenary Jurgan Kalta had been killed by a gaxxan brain-slug that was left on his pillow. The mercenary's custom power suit had prevented his enemies from succeeding with more conventional attacks.
Behind the scenes
The gaxxan brain-slug was first mentioned in the 2003 BioWare video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. The creature's only mention in the game was in the item description for Jurgan Kalta's power suit. In 2008, the brain-slug was mentioned in Jurgan Kalta's entry in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, although it was referred to as a "gaxxon brain-slug." This article was written with the assumption that the original spelling was correct.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (First mentioned)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II ("Kalta, Jurgan") (as gaxxon brain-slug)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, stated his intention to create homeworlds for numerous species based on context implied from their names. This article treats the Gaxxa system as the location for one such homeworld.
- The Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide dates the events of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to 3956 BBY.
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 196 ("Kalta, Jurgan")