General was a senior rank in various armies, including the Imperial Army, the Grand Army of the Republic, the Separatist Droid Army, the Alliance Army, the Resistance army, and the First Order army. Generals were part of an army's hierarchy, as opposed to admirals, who had a high role in a navy. Gungan leader Boss Nass was so impressed with Jar Jar Binks' role in bringing the Gungan and Naboo people together that he promoted Binks to the rank of Bombad General. The clumsy Binks was one of the commanders of the Gungan Grand Army during the Trade Federation's invasion of Naboo. During the Clone Wars, the rank of Jedi General was bestowed on the Knights and Masters of the Jedi Order, giving them authority to lead the Galactic Republic's military forces. Grievous was once a feared general of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Armitage Hux was the highest-ranking general in the forces of the First Order, subservient only to Supreme Leader Snoke and his apprentice Kylo Ren.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- "The Whills Strike Back"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back (Mentioned only)
Non-canon appearances[edit | edit source]
- "All I Want For Life Day"
- "Far Too Remote"—From a Certain Point of View
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Lost Stars
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth"
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
- Star Wars Rebels – "Homecoming"
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Last Battle"