Geno Namit was a human male who served as a captain in the naval forces of the Resistance during their war against the First Order. During the attack on the Resistance fleet by the First Order following the evacuation from the planet D'Qar in the year 34 ABY, he served under Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo on the Free Virgillia-class Bunkerbuster Ninka. When the primary bridge of the MC85 Star Cruiser Raddus was destroyed, killing almost all of Resistance High Command and injuring General Leia Organa, Namit joined Holdo and several other officers loyal to her in transferring to the Raddus so that the vice admiral could take command of the fleet as the highest ranking officer still able to command. Captain Namit survived the Attack on the Resistance fleet and made it to Crait, whereupon he managed to escape alongside other members of the Resistance in the Millennium Falcon during the Battle of Crait.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
Geno Namit was portrayed by Hugh Skinner in the film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, which was released on December 15, 2017. The character was not named in the film, but received identification in Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Geno Namit)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- ; image #3 (of 3) (Picture only)
- ; image #2 (of 8) (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. As Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi carries on immediately from the events of The Force Awakens, it can be assumed to take place in the same year.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi