- "This is just like Gentes, the Imperials will enslave us and send us away from one another! It's what they've done on a hundred other worlds!"
Gentes was a planet located in the Anoat sector of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories that was the homeworld of the sentient Ugnaught species, which fed on the native genteslugs. Orbited by the moon Belsus, Gentes was once home to many clans of Ugnaughts until most of them were sold into slavery, leaving few remaining by the time of the Iron Blockade. During the blockade, slavers raided the homes of some of the remaining Ugnaughts, driving them to hide in their homeworld's swamps and send out a distress signal offering supplies to any who would aid them. One group of Ugnaughts wished to leave the planet and join the Alliance to Restore the Republic, so the Rebels made a quick evacuation of the new recruits.
Behind the scenes
Gentes was first mentioned in Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, a 1989 Star Wars Legends supplement written by Jonatha Ariadne Caspian for Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. It became canon when it was mentioned in the mobile game Star Wars: Uprising, which was developed by Kabam for iOS and Android platforms and released in 2015.
- "Bespin Escape"—From a Certain Point of View: The Empire Strikes Back (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Uprising (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- The game Star Wars: Uprising allows the player to send members of their crew from within the Anoat sector to Gentes during a point in the story where no ships can leave the sector due to the Iron Blockade. As such, Gentes must be located within the Anoat sector for the crew members to reach it.
- Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Run: "Laboratory of Grievous"
- Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Run: "Hiding from Slavers"
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Run: "Supplying the Oppressed"
- Star Wars: Uprising—Crew Run: "Ugnaught Rebels"
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin