Gentes was one of three habitable planets in the Anoat system of the Anoat sector, located in the Greater Javin of the Outer Rim. It was the homeworld of the Ugnaughts. The planet's surface was covered by volcanoes and swamps.
The Ugnaughts lived in primitive colonies on the planet's less-than-hospitable surface in times of peace, but Gentes was frequently raided by slavers.
During the Clone Wars in 20 BBY, Grievous conquered the planet and rounded up many Ugnaughts as slaves. His forces also herded many Ugnaughts into a single building which was blown up with turbolaser bombardment from orbit. Ugnaughts were also enslaved as part of the Galactic Empire's Humanocentric policies.
In the years after the Battle of Endor, Gentes was sparsely populated, with its former inhabitants either enslaved or on the Ugnaught-run Cloud City.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Darth Bane: Path of Destruction (Mentioned only)
- General Grievous 3
- Star Wars: Rebellion
- Young Jedi Knights: Jedi Bounty (First appearance)
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back, Second Edition
- "The Unseen Planets of Star Wars"—Star Wars Insider 36
- "Who Is That Alien? Ugnaughts & Kowakian Monkey-Lizards"—Star Wars Kids 9
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Action Figure Archive
- Alien Anthology
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The New Essential Chronology
- "Unknown Soldier: The Story of General Grievous"—Star Wars Insider 86
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 24
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook