Two geologists, on a long layover at a Galactic Republic orbital fueling station over the planet Makem Te, decided to visit one of the planet's rock quarry and discovered it was rich with metals and medical-grade spice. As a result, dozens of mines were greedily placed on Makem Te.
In 40 ABY, a geologist and a minerals engineer ran some scans of the planet Mandalore over terrain bombarded by Yuuzhan Vong. Within craters, outcrops from a lode of beskar, Mandalorian iron, were exposed, turning the economy of Mandalore around.
Adari Vaal was a female geologist that studied the rocks of her home planet Kesh. She was branded a heretic by her people for scientifically claiming that the planet had not been created by their deities, the Skyborn, but rather by volcanic activity.
- Lost Tribe of the Sith: Skyborn
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope novel (First mentioned)
- "Galaxywide NewsNets" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- "The Prophecy" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 2 (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Mentioned only)
- "Firepower" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 8
- "Heroes Need Not Apply" – Star Wars Adventure Journal 12 (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Sacrifice
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe
- Goroth: Slave of the Empire (As "exogeologist")
- The DarkStryder Campaign
- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- The Black Sands of Socorro
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 7 (PLA5, Planets of the Core Worlds)
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- Suns of Fortune
- Strongholds of Resistance