The Geonosian catacombs was a network of tunnels located beneath the red rocky surface of Geonosis. Every Geonosian building had a series of catacombs running for miles beneath its surface.
- "Every Geonosian building has a series of catacombs beneath it that run deep underground."
- ―Luminara Unduli
During the First Battle of Geonosis, the Separatist Council used these tunnels to escape to their ships, safeguarded by General Grievous, who slaughtered any clone troopers and Jedi unfortunate enough to enter the catacombs. It was here that Grievous earned his first trophies: lightsabers taken from the bodies of the Jedi he killed.
Archduke Poggle the Lesser sent the Geonosian warriors to hide in the catacombs after the invasion of the Grand Army of the Republic. Delta Squad infiltrated the underground tunnels and killed many of the warriors, as well as Sun Fac when he tried to escape in his starfighter. They were also used to store large assault forces for emergencies.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: Republic Commando (First appearance)
- "Death in the Catacombs"—Star Wars Insider 79
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Weapons Factory"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Legacy of Terror"
- Labyrinth of Evil (Mentioned only)