- "Our friends from the Trade Federation have pledged their support, and when their battle droids are combined with yours, we shall have an army greater than any in the galaxy. The Jedi will be overwhelmed, and the Republic will agree to any demands we make."
- ―Count Dooku, to the members of the Separatist Council prior to the Battle of Geonosis
The Geonosian droid army was a droid army built by the Geonosians for the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Once the Jedi Order and the Galactic Republic discovered that the army was real, they dispatched the brand new Grand Army of the Republic to Geonosis, culminating in the First Battle of Geonosis and erupting into the pan-galactic Clone Wars. It consisted of B1-series battle droids in a darker color scheme, B2-series super battle droids, and droidekas.
The Geonosian droid army was a large droid army constructed on the Outer Rim world of Geonosis. The army consisted of several B1-series battle droids painted in a dark color scheme, B2-series super battle droids, and droidekas. It also consisted of a smaller legion of battle droids, which fought in a battle on Geonosis.
Behind the scenes
The Geonosian droid army first appeared in the 2002 prequel trilogy film, Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones. The army was later first identified in Rise of the Separatists, a 2019 supplement to Fantasy Flight Games' series of Star Wars Roleplaying products.
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Rise of the Separatists (First identified as Geonosian droid army)