Gerhalt III was a terrestrial astronomical object located in the Altier sector, a part of the Slice portion of the Expansion Region. Gerhalt III was situated in the Gerhalt system, which was a part of the Galactic Republic by 17,000 BBY. From that year till 3996 BBY, a hyperlane connected the system to the Surron and Tarmidia systems; however, the hyperspace route had ceased to exist by 3960 BBY.
At some point during the history of the Republic, Duros spacers helped avert the Vinth Conflict—the namesake of the Vinth system in the Altier sector's neighboring Venzeiia sector—on Gerhalt III.
Behind the scenes
Gerhalt III was mentioned in "The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Duros," an article authored by Bart Armstrong and Steve Miller with Cory Herndon and published in Star Wars Gamer 2 in February 2001. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Gerhalt system, and therefore Gerhalt III, in grid square O-13.
- The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Duros"—Star Wars Gamer 2 (First mentioned) "
Notes and references
- Gerhalt system — Based on corresponding data for
- Gerhalt system, and therefore Gerhalt III, in the Expansion Region's Altier sector. Furthermore, depicts the Altier sector as being located between the super-hyperroutes The Essential Atlas identifies as the Corellian Run and the Perlemian Trade Route. Finally, The Essential Atlas also designates the portion of the Expansion Region situated between those two hyperlanes as being a part of the Slice. places the
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Gerhalt system
- The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Duros"—Star Wars Gamer 2 "
- The Essential Guide to Warfare