- "I'm Watcher One with Imperial Intelligence. Those men you fought served me."
- ―Watcher One, to the Jedi Knight
Gerrard was a male Human who served as a captain in the Imperial Military of the reconstituted Sith Empire during the Cold War with the Galactic Republic. A dark-skinned Human with black eyes and black hair cut in a series of stripes, Gerrard was assigned to Watcher One of Imperial Intelligence in the search for the Republic scientist Doctor Nasan Godera on the planet Taris in 3643 BBY. He carried a blaster rifle in combat and wore the standard armor for Imperial soldiers. However, Captain Gerrard and many of his men were killed on a raid on one of Godera's research facilities when a young Jedi Knight, who was also looking for Godera, encountered the Imperials in the subterranean laboratory.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Gerrard first appeared in the Jedi Knight mission "Catching Up With Watcher One" in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying video game released by BioWare in 2011, where he is an elite NPC in Doctor Godera's lab.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. As the events on Taris for the Jedi Knight, including Gerrard's death, occur in Act I, they can be dated to 3643 BBY. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Catching Up With Watcher One" on Taris