Gestrex III was a terrestrial astronomical object located in the Gestrex system, a part of the Calaron sector in the Slice portion of the Outer Rim Territories. It was connected to the Kegan and Norval systems via the hyperlane known as the Triellus Trade Route.
During the Galactic Civil War, a base of the Galactic Empire's Navy was located on Gestrex III. The guard droid Armx—in reality an espionage unit for Imperial Intelligence—was assigned to the base at one point. However, sometime between 2 BBY and 1 BBY, only three days after the droid's posting on Gestrex III, the facility was decimated by a team of Rebel Alliance commandos. The base was subsequently abandoned, with only Armx remaining amidst its wreckage. The droid underwent an alteration in its original programming—whether due to radiation leakage or damage sustained during the raid—over the following days and eventually became a bounty hunter.
Behind the scenes
Gestrex III was introduced in the 1994 sourcebook Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters. The book was authored by Rick D. Stuart and published by West End Games for use with Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game. The 2009 reference book The Essential Atlas placed the Gestrex system, and therefore Gestrex III, in grid square T-9.
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Gestrex system — Based on corresponding data for
- The Essential Atlas — Based on corresponding data for Gestrex system
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters is set between the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope and Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, which corresponds to the time period between 0 ABY and 4 ABY per The New Essential Chronology. The former book further specifies that Armx became a bounty hunter at least five years prior and following the establishment of the Rebel Alliance, which The New Essential Chronology dates to 2 BBY. Armx must have therefore become a bounty hunter sometime between 2 BBY and 1 BBY.