- "Ghost Company, let's move."
- ―Commander Cody, during the Battle of Ryloth
Ghost Company was a military unit of clone troopers who served in the 212th Attack Battalion of the Grand Army of the Republic. During the Clone Wars, the company fought for the Galactic Republic under the leadership of Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi and Clone Commander CC-2224 "Cody." Some troopers in Ghost Company, notably troopers "Boil" and "Waxer," wore Phase I clone armor with light-orange markings.
History[edit | edit source]
Following the Separatists's occupation on the planet of Ryloth and the Twi'lek enslavement, the Galactic Republic launched a massive attempt to liberate the people. Ghost Company, led by Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Commander Cody boarded gunships to land in the city of Nabat. They were then tasked to take the proton cannons out in order for Master Mace Windu and the rest of the Republic forces to land.
After landing, Ghost Company took out the outer defenses and set up a command post to contact Windu. Cody then took Wooley, Waxer and Boil to scout ahead. While Cody and Wooley found the cannons, Waxer and Boil found a Twi'lek girl, Numa, alone in the village. Cody and Wooley then learned that the Separatists' were using Nabat's local population as living shields to protect their cannons. When Cody and Wooley informed Kenobi this, Ghost Company moved out toward the cannons despite Boil and Waxer not returning.
However, they then came under attack by a herd of gutkurrs. They were then saved when Kenobi led the gutkurrs away. Despite their decreased numbers, Ghost Company continued moving toward the guns until they found Waxer, Boil, and Numa. Kenobi then had Cody and Ghost Company distract the battle droids while he, Waxer, Boil, and Numa went through caves that led to the gutkurrs' cages. Cody and what was left of Ghost Company were able to draw the droids away from the cannons. They were successful and moved on to liberate Ryloth and secure the Jixuan desert.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth" (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Senate Murders" (In flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – LAAT/i Gunship Expansion Pack (Card: )