Gian heavy patrol speeders were normally used for crowd control and urban defense. They were equipped with side-mounted laser cannons. Some modified versions were also outfitted with a hood-mounted heavy cannon that was powerful enough to penetrate the metal shell of an Armored Assault Tank.
During the Invasion of Naboo, Queen Padmé Amidala and Captain Panaka used Gian speeders and Flash speeders to infiltrate and liberate the capital city of Theed from the occupation of the Trade Federation.
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- (First identified as Gian speeder, simultaneous with )
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 54 (Helmets: Naboo Royal Guard) (First identified as Gian heavy patrol speeder)
- Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: The Official Collector's Edition (Indirect mention only)