Characteristics[edit | edit source]
Gian speeders were normally used for crowd control and urban defense. They were equipped with side-mounted laser cannons. Some modified versions were also outfitted with a hood-mounted heavy cannon that was powerful enough to penetrate the metal shell of an Armored Assault Tank.
History[edit | edit source]
During the Invasion of Naboo, Queen Padmé Amidala and Captain Panaka used Gian speeders and Flash speeders to infiltrate and liberate the capital city of Theed from the occupation of the Trade Federation.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: The Official Collector's Edition (Indirect mention only)