- "If you shred 'em up, gloomroots make the foundation of a lovely pancake. I like to add in some other root veg to enhance the sweetness and add a bit of color."
- ―Strono Tuggs, The Life Day Cookbook
Gloomroot Pancakes were a type of brown pancake made from shredded gloomroot, a type of tuber found in the Shadowlands of the planet Kashyyyk. They were served as a vegetarian side dish. At some point after publishing his first cookbook in 34 ABY, the Artiodac chef Strono Tuggs included a recipe for Gloomroot Pancakes in his second cookbook, The Life Day Cookbook. Tuggs included other root vegetables in the pancakes as it enhanced the sweetness and added color to the dish. The Artiodac described the pancakes as lovely and served them with a white sauce and a green sauce.
Behind the scenes
Gloomroot Pancakes were created as a recipe for the 2021 Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook, a recipe book written by Jenn Fujikawa and Marc Sumerak. The out-of-universe recipe uses peeled russet potatoes, peeled rainbow carrots, medium onions, a large egg, matzo meal, all-purpose flour, salt, black pepper, vegetable oil, applesauce, and sour cream.
- Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Life Day Cookbook
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook establishes that the in-universe book was published at the same time as when the First Order was searching for the Resistance base on Batuu. As that search occurs in Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire, which is set in 34 ABY according to the reasoning here, the cookbook must have been published in 34 ABY.