- "I still occasionally like to whip up one of Gormaanda's old recipes to remember where it all began. Her glowblue noodles are my go-to. They're easy to modify for any type of diet, and, most important, they always taste as great as they look. Have a plate and maybe Gormaanda will inspire you too!"
- ―Strono Tuggs, The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
Glowblue noodles were a blue-hued noodle dish prepared from a basic recipe that could be modified for a variety of diets. It was created by Gormaanda, a four-armed female chef who demonstrated her recipe in one of her cooking holovids.
A pavilion on the moon Dhandu 3 served the noodles during the Imperial Era. When the smuggler Han Solo and the pirate Hondo Ohnaka staged a fight there, Ohnaka shoved Solo into a table and it inadvertently collapsed, launching a plate of glowblue noodles and chav tea over the Pakiphantos Trunc Adurmush and his gang.
The Artiodac chef Strono Tuggs, who had been inspired to cook by Gormaanda's holovids, was fond of the dish. In 34 ABY, he published his cookbook The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook and included his idol's recipe entitled Gormaanda's Glowblue Noodles. As toppings, he added white sauce and spheres, yellow and orange-colored wedges, and an optional garnish of a savory cookie he created, Golden Lichen Tuile.
Behind the scenes
Glowblue noodles first appeared in the new Star Wars canon in the junior novel Pirate's Price, written by Lou Anders and published on January 8, 2019. On November 5 of that year, they were first pictured in the recipe book Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook, written by Marc Sumerak and Chelsea Monroe-Cassel. The out-of-universe recipe uses the ingredients water, blue butterfly pea tea bags, salt, and rice noodles to create blue-colored noodles. It has a cheese sauce made with unsalted butter, minced garlic, salt, pepper, heavy cream, and grated Parmesan cheese. The dish is topped with mozzarella pearls and cherry tomatoes, and it can be garnished with the cookbook's Golden Lichen Tuile recipe.
In the Star Wars Legends continuity, the meal Glowblue Noodles and Chav was featured in HoloNet News Vol. 531 #50, an in-universe issue of the HoloNet News. It was written by Pablo Hidalgo and Paul Ens, illustrated by Joe Corroney, and published on the HoloNet News website on April 4, 2002.
- Pirate's Price (First appearance, simultaneous with Pirate's Price audiobook) (In flashback(s))
- Pirate's Price audiobook (In flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook (First pictured)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook
- Pirate's Price
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge: The Official Black Spire Outpost Cookbook establishes that the in-universe book was published at the same time as when the First Order was searching for the Resistance base on Batuu. As that search occurs in Galaxy's Edge: Black Spire, which is set in 34 ABY according to the reasoning here, the cookbook must have been published in 34 ABY.