- "What?! That heap of junk has a turbo-booster?! No fair! But the race isn't over yet."
"It is for you, slugbait… but don't worry, we'll make sure you get medical attention."
- ―Han Solo continues racing as Glunge prepares to fire on him
Glunge was a Gloovan bounty hunter active during the Galactic Civil War. He worked with fellow bounty hunter Takvax and the swoop racers Kuru and Makta in order to try and claim a bounty on the smuggler Han Solo during a swoop race on the planet Rion. After Kuru and Makta failed to knock Solo off his vehicle, Glunge prepared to shoot the smuggler with a laser-sniper, but was stopped by the Jedi Luke Skywalker, who then also stole Glunge's swoop.
Biography[edit | edit source]
- "Wow. Is that a laser-sniper?"
"You should be careful… you never know what might happen to it up here."
- ―Luke Skywalker destroys Glunge's weapon
Glunge was a Gloovan male who worked as a bounty hunter during the Galactic Civil War between the Alliance to Restore the Republic and the Galactic Empire. Shortly after the Battle of Yavin that marked the beginning of 0 ABY, the bounty hunter Takvax and the swoop racer Kuru discovered that the rebel smuggler Han Solo was participating in a swoop race on the planet Rion in the Outer Rim Territories. Takvax enlisted the aid of Glunge and the swoop racer Makta to try and claim the large Imperial bounty on Solo's head, devising a plan that would cause Solo to be sent to a medical center during the race, intending to transport him to the planet Coruscant from there in order to claim the bounty.
Kuru and Makta initially attempted to force Solo into crashing, but they were unsuccessful. After Makta herself crashed, and Kuru used a turbo-booster to move ahead of Solo in the race, Glunge prepared to shoot the smuggler using a laser-sniper from a nearby roof top. Before he could fire, the Jedi Luke Skywalker—an ally of Solo who had forced Takvax to reveal Glunge's location—interrupted him and destroyed the sniper rifle using his lightsaber. Glunge then attempted to flee, running to a swoop that he had parked nearby, but was knocked out by Skywalker after the Jedi realized he would need the vehicle to save Solo. The swoop was destroyed by thermite micro-missiles that Kuru had launched at Solo, but Skywalker helped Solo win the race and leave the planet safely.
Personality and traits[edit | edit source]
- "No bounty is worth this."
- ―Glunge flees from Luke Skywalker
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- "Sorry Glunge… I need to borrow your swoop!"
- ―Luke Skywalker knocks out Glunge to steal his swoop
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- "Swoop Racers" depicts Glunge as a member of a species that was later identified as Gloovans in "Rabbit Hunt."
- "Swoop Racers"—Star Wars Adventures 21
- According to , "Swoop Racers" takes place just after the events of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, which includes the Battle of Yavin. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events at the end of the film to 0 ABY.
- Ultimate Star Wars